Detroit Lead Poisoning Attorneys
Lead is a heavy metal that is toxic if ingested. Many buildings, particularly older ones, contain lead-based paint that can be accidentally inhaled or ingested as the paint chips away. Unfortunately many renters and workers are unaware of the toxic paint in their homes or workplaces until they have already been poisoned. Children in particular are at risk of being harmed by exposure to items containing lead.
If you or someone you love has suffered from lead poisoning and you suspect it is because of another property owner’s negligence, contact the Detroit lead poisoning attorneys of Ravid & Associates, P.C., at (866) 644-6587.
Lead Poisoning Symptoms
Exposure to lead paint can cause serious illness, coma, or even death. Children are more likely to experience severe symptoms than adults and should receive medical treatment immediately if the following warning signs are observed:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Behavioral changes
- Chest pain
Another common symptom in adults is a bluish line that appears along the gums. If you notice this or any of the above symptoms, you or your loved one may be suffering from lead paint poisoning.
Lead Paint and Premises Liability
Building owners and managers are responsible for providing a safe environment for residents and visitors alike. If you have been affected by lead poisoning from paint in your home or other building, the property owner or manager may be liable for the harmful conditions that caused your illness. Our Detroit premises liability attorneys are committed to determining who is responsible for your lead paint exposure and will fight for the compensation you need. Your family may be entitled to payment for medical bills, lost income, recovery expenses, or other poisoning-related costs.
For sound legal advice and assistance regarding your lead paint poisoning case, don’t hesitate to contact the Detroit lead poisoning lawyers of Ravid & Associates, P.C., by calling (866) 644-6587.